For the past 25 years, Forum One has been turning ideas into impact. We’re a digital agency that works to extend the influence of our clients on important issues in health, education, the environment, and more. Every day, our team of more than 100 digital strategists, engineers, designers, and creators help leading nonprofit organizations and government agencies make an impact in the world. We're also an employee-owned (ESOP) company that treats our team with respect, advances their careers, and is actively working to be a more diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible organization. This is your opportunity to join a company helping those doing good in the world – do more, reach more, and achieve more!
As a Senior Account Executive, you are a member of the Business Development team responsible for developing new business and upselling and expanding existing accounts, identifying and articulating a sales strategy, delivering effective presentations, and advising our high-profile clients around digital strategy and implementation for organizations who make an impact in the world.
To be successful in this role, we expect the candidate to have strong, verifiable relationships in the industry and within target organizations and demonstrated success in a virtual and in-person environment. Business Development is a team effort at Forum One. With you opening doors and getting the conversations started, our mature BD operations team is ready to assist with solutions architecture and proposal development.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a targeted business development plan which will generate a long-term pipeline to achieve annual revenue goals
- Systematically cultivate new leads, convert leads to qualified opportunities, upsell existing accounts, and close deals for all of Forum One’s digital service offerings.
- Conduct outbound outreach to target organizations and target individuals in the form of networking events, meetings, email, calling.
- Identify opportunities where Forum One solutions solve prospect’s needs through understanding and experience with organizations who work with issues of importance. In particular, experience with groups who work in Forum One’s target sectors is relevant: Global Health, Education Policy, Environment, Health Care and Health Policy, and International Development.
- Lead teams that develop and deliver polished proposals, pricing estimates and presentations on short notice to potential clients in the public and private sectors.
- Collect market, competitor, and prospect intelligence on buying trends and key needs related to digital services by conducting prospect research, through industry literature and reports, and through conversations and meeting with Forum One clients, prospects, and industry leaders.
- Manage staff performance, and provides guidance, assistance, and direction on performance. Proactively delivers timely feedback and develops plans to improve performance when necessary. Maintains awareness of how staff are performing on projects through regular communication with peers and other managers. Provides guidance on opportunities for growth and professional development plans.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12+ years of sales/account experience with an annual net new revenue target, and demonstrated evidence of meeting or exceeding those targets
- Sales or Account experience with a professional services firm or agency, digital services agency or consultancy
- Sales or Account experience winning work with enterprise size ($50M+) nonprofit organizations and government agencies
What would be nice:
- Previous experience in delivery role (strategic, project management, design, or technical) providing digital solutions to clients
- Direct sector or topical expertise within key global issue areas Forum One is focused on – health, education, climate and the environment, social justice, or economic equity and development.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Opportunity to help advance progress on important global issues
- Daily problem solving in collaboration with smart, engaged, and motivated co-workers
- Competitive Salary & Employee Ownership Plan
- 401(k) match, Commuter benefits & flexible spending accounts
- 15 Vacation days, in addition to Sick Leave & Floating Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Company-provided laptops
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work – our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners – we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners – we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers – we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done – we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
- We do the right thing – we make decisions for Forum One and our clients with the highest integrity, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Forum One contracts with the federal government, subjecting it to federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Forum One will require you to be vaccinated. Forum One will permit limited medical and religious exemptions. Upon offer of employment, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.