For the past 25 years, we’ve been doing work that matters. We’re a digital agency that leverages technology to extend the influence of our mission-driven clients. Every day, our team of more than 100 digital strategists, architects, designers, and creators help leading nonprofit organizations and government agencies across the country make an impact. But this team still needs you! This is your opportunity to join the company helping those doing good in the world – do more, reach more, and achieve more.
Forum One is looking for a talented Senior Front-End Developer to contribute to a dynamic team building responsive and component based front-end web solutions within our technology practice. The successful candidate will be an experienced front-end practitioner who can develop solutions on-time and on-budget with maintainable code and low technical debt. As a Senior Front-End Developer, you will have exceptional development skills, a high level of accountability and a desire to implement best-in-class solutions for clients.
Are you a developer who loves working with front-end technologies? Join Forum One and help us build web solutions for organizations doing important work around the world!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate in the development of websites and web-based applications with front-end tools and frameworks.
- Work collaboratively with Tech Leads, Architects, Project Managers, Designers and other Developers to improve the overall design and implementation of projects.
- Evangelize best practices for front-end development.
- Participate in requirements gathering, estimation, and solutions architecture for individual site features.
- Contribute to internal and open source tools, reusable code, code accelerators, and starter kits.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of demonstrated professional front-end development experience.
- Experience working with a front-end framework such as React, Vue, or Angular.
- Experience developing performant and maintainable front-end solutions.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Knowledge of website performance considerations and performance tooling.
- Knowledge of Accessibility, WCAG standards, and ARIA.
- A desire to continually learn new technologies, techniques, and tools.
What would be nice:
- Experience with modular web development, preferably Atomic Design and Storybook.
- Experience with CSS tooling such as Sass, PostCSS, CSS Modules, or Less.
- Experience with Static Site Generators, JAMStack, or MACH Architecture.
- Experience with Webpack or similar build tools and module bundlers
- Experience building front-ends on top of Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore, and/or Contentful.
- Experience working in an agency setting.
- Community participation in open source projects.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Competitive Salary & Employee Ownership Plan
- 401(k) match, Commuter benefits & flexible spending accounts
- 15 Vacation days, in addition to Sick Leave & Floating Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Company-provided laptops
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work – our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners – we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners – we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers – we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done – we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
- We do the right thing – we make decisions for Forum One and our clients with the highest integrity, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Forum One contracts with the federal government, subjecting it to federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Forum One will require you to be vaccinated. Forum One will permit limited medical and religious exemptions. Upon offer of employment, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.