For the past 25 years, Forum One has been turning ideas into impact. We’re a digital agency that works to extend the influence of our clients on important issues in health, education, the environment, and more. Every day, our team of more than 140 digital strategists, engineers, designers, and creators help leading nonprofit organizations and government agencies make an impact in the world. We're also an employee-owned (ESOP) company that treats our team with respect, advances their careers, and is actively working to be a more diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible organization. This is your opportunity to join a company helping those doing good in the world – do more, reach more, and achieve more!
Forum One is looking for a Visual Design Associate in DC, Seattle, or remote. Do you want to design high-quality, thoughtful interfaces that balance aesthetics and usability for organizations doing important work around the world? As a Design Associate you’ll help our clients concept, design, and launch digital experiences. Your work will include all aspects of the design process including trend research, concept directions, prototyping, and visual design. You’ll work on multiple projects for a variety of amazing clients alongside industry-leading strategists, project managers, user experience designers, and developers.
As the ideal candidate, you’ll be capable of analyzing a brand, generating a creative vision, and brainstorming and communicating new concepts. In this role, you’ll collaborate with your team to deliver powerful and strategically-grounded best-in-class digital experiences. Our team is made up of highly motivated individuals who love to help organizations reach their full digital potential, and we're looking for someone with a similar mindset who is a skilled communicator, believes in our company’s mission, and brings an innovative and creative outlook.
What you’ll do:
- Execute creative design tasks and approaches including design discovery workshops, moodboard creation, design system (or component-based design) creation, user interface prototyping, micro-interaction design and planning, layout sketching for desktop, mobile, and other breakpoints, and data visualization design.
- Assist Senior Interaction Designer in creating visually-compelling digital experiences that balance design aesthetics, brand goals, audience needs, technical considerations, and project timeline and budget.
- Listen to clients’ concerns and help the project team set the direction with transparency and clarity on project vision, audience focus, and creative aspects using simple language, concise messages, and clear next steps.
- Partner and collaborate with your teammates, including user experience designers, developers, project managers, etc, to deliver the strongest solution possible.
What you bring to the table:
- BS/BA in relevant field (Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, etc.).
- 1-2 years of experience in interaction design, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Excellent online portfolio.
- Experience with design systems or component-based design, brand extension, illustration or icon design, developer collaboration, responsive design, and meeting facilitation.
- Strong presentation, collaboration, and communication skills are required.
- Ability to elevate creative thinking and approaches with teammates and clients.
What would be nice:
- Accessibility knowledge and understanding of the impact design decisions have in making solutions usable for everyone.
- Use data-informed design approaches and are able to evaluate the effectiveness of those designs.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Webflow, or similar; Google Suite; Adobe Creative Suite; Principle, AfterEffects, Framer or similar; Keynote; MSPowerPoint; and MSWord are strongly preferred.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Competitive Salary & Employee Ownership Plan
- 401(k) match, Commuter benefits & flexible spending accounts
- 15 Vacation days, in addition to Sick Leave & Floating Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Company-provided laptops
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to cross-train with other teams and skillsets
- Tuition reimbursement
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work – our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners – we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners – we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers – we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done – we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
- We do the right thing – we make decisions for Forum One and our clients with the highest integrity, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Forum One contracts with the federal government, subjecting it to federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Forum One will require you to be vaccinated. Forum One will permit limited medical and religious exemptions. Upon offer of employment, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.