Data & Analytics Manager
For the past 25 years, we’ve been doing work that matters. We’re a digital agency that leverages technology to extend the influence of our mission-driven clients. Every day, our team of more than 100 digital strategists, architects, designers, and creators help leading nonprofit organizations and government agencies across the country make an impact. But this team still needs you! This is your opportunity to join the company helping those doing good in the world – do more, reach more, and achieve more.
The Data & Analytics Manager supports our growing client demand for success metrics and data-driven design. You will play a key role on project teams by contributing to the project success through effective planning, coordination and communication. You will work with key project stakeholders, both in the non-profit and public sector, and the wider analytics team in supporting the development of analytics implementation plans, leading analytics configuration, generating documentation, and testing. You will also work closely with clients and internal teams to configure detailed reports, build dashboards, and lead detailed analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Data & Analytics team, including acting as a thought leader across a range of data and analytics topics, expanding our team’s abilities, and raising the company’s profile
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and integrate data & analytics offerings with other service areas with the aim of providing smart and efficient solutions for both internal and client-facing challenges
- Standardize and document data & analytics approaches and service offerings
- Using data from a range of sources including Google Analytics, email marketing platforms, social media sites, and CRMs, generate analytics reports and dashboards in Looker Studio, Tableau, and other software as necessary
- Analyze data and clearly communicate insights to clients and project team members (consisting of UX, design, tech roles) to facilitate a shared understanding of site performance and opportunities for improvement
- Lead clients in developing measurement plans that quantifiable track achievement of client goals
- Mentor Data & Analytics team members in their work and professional development
- Answer team member and client questions on tools, including Google Analytics 4, BigQuery, Google Tag Manager, and Looker Studio
- Manipulate and analyze large, complex, multidimensional data sets using SQL and regular expressions
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field is strongly preferred
- 4 or more years of experience working within Google Analytics
- Experience implementing & customizing data collection within Google Tag Manager
- Experience developing analytics reports and dashboards in Data/Looker Studio
- Experience supporting clients in selecting and implementing data warehouses
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card required
What would be nice:
- Experience managing, mentoring and training colleagues
- Comfort with relational databases
- Familiarity with & ability to understand SQL
- Knowledge of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Why you’ll love it here:
- Competitive Salary & Employee Ownership Plan
- 401(k) match, Commuter benefits & flexible spending accounts
- 15 Vacation days, in addition to Sick Leave & Floating Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Company-provided laptops
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work – our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners – we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners – we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers – we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done – we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
- We do the right thing – we make decisions for Forum One and our clients with the highest integrity, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.