Hands-on examples of how to use configuration management in Drupal 8!
In Drupal 8, settings and configurations are stored in code using configuration management. We do this by importing and exporting the whole set of the site’s configuration, but a lot of times there are cases where the configuration needs to be different.
- Environment based configuration, like endpoint variables
- Production/non-production overrides – enable different modules
There are many ways this can be managed. This session will explain and show solutions to these cases.
In this session we will discuss the following:
- Why you want to override
- Managing your configurations
- Overriding your configurations in settings.php and when this should be used (or not used).
- Introduction to the Config Split module
- Troubleshooting configuration issues
Target Audience: This session will appeal to any developer using Drupal 8.
Prerequisites: Just a basic understanding of Drupal 8 configuration management.
Deborah Fuzetto, Technical Architect, Forum One