Check out our presentation about modular design from Drupalcon 2015 in Los Angeles! Grab our slides (including speaker notes): http://bit.ly/pattern-lab-slides.
You’ll learn how to use styleguide/prototyping tools like Pattern Lab to increase collaboration between designers, themers, developers, and clients on Drupal projects. A focus on modular design early on in a Drupal project improves workflow and efficiency for the whole team!
After applying modular design principles into your design workflow you will have,guaranteed *:
- Shinier, more polished sites: You’ll improve collaboration between themers and designers without relying so much on static photoshop comps, dramatically improving the end product’s quality at a higher detail level.
- Happier clients: Clients will be able to see functional visual designs earlier in the project and be able to play with the site in an easy to use interface.
- Happier developers: Developers can concentrate on the hard work of building the site while themers and designers concentrate on the visual design.
- Project managers overcome with joy: Sites will be more easily themed, front-end bugs will be caught earlier, clients can see progress sooner, designers will be less bogged down in Photoshop iterations, and projects will be more successful.
We hope to see you there. It should be a lot of fun and we are genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts. If you are impatient and want to learn more about Pattern Lab and design patterns in general, take a look at this blog post by Brad Frost on designing pattern flexibility.
* not an actual guarantee. Results may vary. Consult your doctor if your clients remain happy for over four hours