#21NTC Workshop: Unlearning White Dominant Culture: Creating Human-Centered Workplaces
Many organizations issued Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statements in 2020 in response to the killing of George Floyd. What does it look like for organizations, leaders, and staff to continue to do the work of addressing systemic inequities in 2021? This workshop will help participants identify the ways that white dominant culture shows up in the workplace, specifically in the tech industry.
In this session we’ll:
- Describe ways in which white dominant culture shows up in the workplace.
- Explore the impacts of white dominant culture on our wellbeing, productivity, and creativity.
- Identify an area of your work where you could be more equitable instead of going back to the default of white dominant culture.
By the end of this session, you’ll have a good sense of the ways that white dominant culture shows up in the workplace and how to challenge those default practices to build a human-centered, anti-racist organization.
- Emma Sheehy, Practice Director, Forum One
- Shilpa Alimchandani, DEI Consultant