Design Systems: Not If, But When
For World Design Systems Week 2022, Lextech and Friends of Figma Chicago are proud to host a one-hour online panel on design systems!
During the panel, we’ll discuss topics such as:
- As a designer, what things do you look for to determine if it’s time to start creating a design system?
- How do you let people know you’re creating a design system?
- What groundwork do you have to do before starting your design system?
- How do you know whether a design system is working effectively? What are some success metrics to consider?
- When does a collection of design elements have enough “gravity” to pull together and become a full-fledged system?
And much more!
Moderating the panel is Lextech principal designer Brian Mila, who will be joined by:
Courtney Clark, VP of Design at Forum One
Courtney Clark has 15+ years of experience leading teams and designing for large, complex organizations. Some of her recent clients include The ALS Association, Peace Corps, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and The MacArthur Foundation.
Bob Ricca, Director of Product Design at ThreatQuotient
With over 15 years of experience building enterprise software, Bob has a background in UX Design and Product Management. As the Director of Product Design at ThreatQuotient, he leads a design team to make cyber security software for Fortune 100 companies and government entities worldwide. He has coached over 200 designers through Designlab, a UX boot camp, taught graduate-level UX at Thomas Jefferson University, and volunteered his time by mentoring on ADPlist.org.
Helena Bukovac, Lead Product Designer at Harness
Helena is a design lead with a knack for spinning up, scaling, and crafting a healthy culture in design teams. She is passionate about education, fintech, and web3. Throughout her career, she encountered Design systems of all sorts and sizes and tried to swim her way through them as best as possible.
You should attend if you are:
- A designer new to design systems
- A designer starting a new design system project
- A product owner or product manager looking to expand your team
- Anyone curious about how to keep design consistent as the team grows