Forum One Digital Roundup
Welcome to our weekly roundup of what’s been happening in digital strategy this week!
We talk, think, and write a lot about digital transformation at Forum One. Our society is going through a massive digital transformation all at once. We’ve been seeing innovative and interesting approaches to unique challenges. Here are a few of our favorite things happening on the internet right now.
- The Harvard Belfer Center’s list of digital tools for the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Rapid collecting and sharing “Open Government Approaches to COVID-19”, by the Open Government Partnership
- NYC COVID-19 response, including effective use of video and requests for Digital SWAT team volunteers
- “Crisis Communications Triage Kit” by the membership organization The Communications Network, for its members
- Code for America, 18F, and USDS alums have launched volunteer effort: “U.S. Digital Response connects states with highly qualified technical support.”
- The Appalachian Regional Commission created this map using their internal data team and ESRI tools to show COVID-19 cases in the Appalachian region.
- King County, Washington, provides an outbreak summary in the Seattle area in this interactive daily data map
- Global Web Index’s (GWI) data reports on the coronavirus and its impact on society. The report on media consumption is particularly interesting!
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation’s (IHME) IHME’s COVID-19 projections show demand for hospital services in each state, referenced in a White House press briefing as the “Chris Murray Model”
- Google Search uses AR to bring to life 3D animals like a tiger, lion, or eagle appear into space as if they would look in real life.
- Google Arts & Culture lets you see art in 3D.
- We’ve heard a lot of people are building relaxing new worlds in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Getting your hands on a Nintendo Switch is an entirely different story.
Join us again next week for our weekly digital digest of interesting and innovative things on the internet!
Need help with your digital transformation?
Let’s chat! We would love to talk with you about how we can help.